Job Description Summary : We invite you to join a team of highly skilled emergency medical experts, pilots and mechanics! Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us. With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response. JOB SUMMARY The Inventory Planner is primarily responsible for the management of the spares operations for the entire fleet of aircraft. Is responsible for the spares ordering, tracking and managing of all spares. The Inventory Planner will also manage core tracking, warranties, and must maintain established minimum inventory levels at each base. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES Inventory * Establish inventory stock levels with usage history, forecasts, shelf life, etc. * Utilize parts forecasting and historical usage data to plan lead-time orders and negotiate reschedules, cancellations and expedites of parts with OEMs and other suppliers. * Establish and maintain minimum spares for existing and new bases. Procurement * Review requisitions for proper description, quantity, and delivery requirements. * Obtain quotes/evaluate cost and negotiate final cost of spares for the fleet. * Compare/review/negotiate all OH/repair quotes (except where specific agreements require others to manage) * Procure components, equipment and supplies with a high level of reliability in a time critical aircraft operations environment. * Establish and maintain supplier relations and partnerships * Monitor purchase prices to meet cost reduction goals. * Complete all orders of factory new spares, Bell and AEC, PMA/NS/OH spares in accordance with the Inventory Control guidelines and procedures. * Manage the flow of materials from the order through receipt. * Review parts requirements and delivery schedules daily. * Continually monitor critical parts statusing and report on key items with up to date information. * Ensure material, supplies, components and equipment arrives on time to support maintenance requirements. * Manage and reconcile open vendor order reports. * Track all repairs/exchanges/loaners. * Resolve accounting, receiving and quality issues to ensure timely acceptance and payment of material. * Manage calibration of lead-time equipment. * Review supplier backorders and prepare reports for DOM on past due parts. * Assist mechanics with PN's on aircraft and equipment installed as needed. Inventory Management * Conduct analysis to determine root causes and provides solutions in areas concerning maintenance inventory disruptions. * Maintains accurate audit trail of all supply transactions. * Lead and participate in cost control and reduction initiatives. * Analyze inventory for reduction of excess/slow moving stock via vendor returns. * Analyze inventory levels and related factors to manage inventory turn time * Manage inventory error rates * Manage within company inventory control procedures * Evaluate suppliers based on performance, quality and safety. * Research unserviceable parts in inventory and determine if they can be repaired or if they must be designated for scrap * Provide after hours/weekend support for AOG's (rotational on-call schedule) Warranty * Submit warranty claims for all new aircraft. * Submit warranty claims for aircraft installed equipment. * Track warranty cores/spares for entire fleet. * Review materials requirements from the OEM documentation. * Perform other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS Experience: * Five years experience with supply chain concepts * Aviation industry experience preferred * Technical knowledge or aircraft parts preferred Education: * High School Diploma or equivalent Skills: * Strong mathematical, analytical and financial acumen. * Demonstrated ability to effectively negotiate with suppliers and vendors. * Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering information * Excellent interpersonal skills * Ability to interface comfortably with senior level executives inside and outside the company * Ability to manage external service providers * Demonstrated decision making skills * Effective verbal and listening communication skills * Attention to detail and high level of accuracy * Effective organizational skills * Effective written skills * Expert-level computer software skills including Excel, Powerpoint, Word, * Expert-level internet navigation skills * Capacity to work simultaneously on a variety of tasks * Ability to manage multiple priorities and resolve conflicting priorities * Ability to work both independently and as part of a team * Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines * High degree of initiative required * Ability to initiate projects that will improve the efficiency of the Company * Ability to deal with routine and mundane tasks with a positive attitude Credentials/Licenses: | Job Description :
WORKING CONDITIONS AND MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS Working Conditions:
* Workis normally performedin a typical interior/office work environment.
* Frequently required to sit for long periods of time
* Work requires stooping, walking, grasping and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work and observing general surrounds and activities.
* Continually required to perceive normal speaking levels with or without correction and have the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication.
* Frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
* Must be able to read/comprehend, write, perform calculations, reason, and analyze.
* Special Requirements - Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
* Ability to lift 50 lbs frequently
* Ability to sit at a computer for long periods of time
* Critical thinking skills with the ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
GUIDING VALUES AND BEHAVIORS
Employee must consistently exhibit our guiding principles:
* Patient Care - We continually earn the privilege to care for our patients. It is at the forefront of everything we do.
* One Team - We respect each other and achieve together what no individual can alone.
* Innovation - We are driven to develop solutions that inspire progress.
* Vigilance - We will never waver in our commitment to safety and preparedness in the fulfillment of our duties.
* Ownership - We are accountable for what we do and take pride in how we do it.
* Citizenship - We are dedicated to being good stewards in the communities we serve.
Reports to: Director of Maintenance
* Accounting and Finance Departments to ensure proper payment of invoices and accurate accounting of inventory levels
* Safety and Quality Departments to ensure safe aircraft operations
* Regional Maintenance Managers and Base Mechanics to ensure timely delivery of parts
* Other Inventory Planners to coordinate and maximize efficiencies of the department
If your passion is flying and you have the skills to deliver patient care in missions where every second counts, apply today!